Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome!

I have a bad memory, and have blamed it all my life for remembering names, dates, and numbers. But in Jan 2010, God helped me see, that I don't fail to remember my address, books, movie names, song lyrics, certain quotes, many people names. And I read that the human brain can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica!

The verses I memorised at Sunday class as a kid- 1 verse per week, well I hardly remember them. May be it was memorised, because I have to.

So here I am, because I 'want to' learn God's words. Not just to recite them whenever I want to, but to make it my own. Down in my heart. That I will depend not on the belief superficialy, but because His word says so. I believe his words are sharper than the double edged sword, and when I obey and live his word, that he will renew me as he has promised.

Benefits of memorising are in http://www.memoryverses.org/. It is not a time pass, not a joke. It needs committment, and dedication.

Bunch of like minded friends at work, got excited too, and we memorise 3 per week. This blog keeps track of all the verses we have learnt. Thank you for reading. And join us, if you 'want to'.

No comments:

Post a Comment